Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday Happenings



Can't believe this little peanut is going on 9 months in just a few short weeks!!!  It will be her 1st birthday before I know it.  Sad to think that I need to start planning for it soon.  

Evelyn and I are going to be spending many hot summer days at the pool together.  An extra little perk of the club I belong to is that it already includes our pool pass so we are ready to go!  I've had her swimsuit ready to go since March and so the minute the weather was right, I took her for a short swim and she loved it.  I think we have a little fish on our hands!  It was adorable, she was clapping, smiling and giggling at all the other children in the pool.  Our little social butterfly!

This little girl just loves to eat!  I think she would probably eat just about anything I'd be willing to give her, or anything she is fast enough to grab straight out of my hands. (including a cake pop, that stinker baby =)  But for now, she enjoys squash, sweet potatoes, avocados and her all organic happy yogis, yogurt puffs and gentle teething wafers! Okay, okay, so we have lots of fun in Target and Whole Foods finding fun baby snacks =)  She still nurses like a little champ, which I love!!!  I think I will cry the day she decides to give this up.  I don't think I will ever be ready for that day to come. 

Funny how when you have a baby, your budgeting and expenses totally change to accommodate the diapers, wipes, snacks, sippy cups, baby gear and clothes!  Good thing I have more fun buying things for Evelyn than I do for myself.  

Speaking of self, a new mom-self, this was the first Spring ever that I made the effort (and it really didn't take much at all, seriously) to put together a capsule wardrobe.  I've been curious about these capsule wardrobes that people keep posting about.  I think I always thought they were more of a hassle to put together than they really are.  Here I thought I would have to go out and buy an entire matching wardrobe, but thanks to fitting back into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes, it wasn't half bad.  I emptied everything else out of the draws and closet and let me tell you, life is SOOO much easier!  I did throw in two new easy mix-match shorts and shirts combos.  A black pair of birkenstocks and bright yellow but still post-partum accommodating swimsuit and the wardrobe was complete!!!
I would definitely rather have a few quality pieces that I LOVE and wear every day than a bunch of things I'm not really a fan of and have a hard time putting together. 

Have you tried a capsule wardrobe?  What do you think?  
Did it free you up to focus on other things?
I'd love to know your thoughts!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love below!