Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

A little update








Well, I've obviously had other more enjoyable priorities besides my little blog these past few months.
But seriously, where does the time go?!?!

I can't believe our little pumpkin is already almost 14 months old and I am 18 weeks along with baby number two!!!  The second pregnancy is waaayyy easier, in so many ways.  I always thought it was going to be harder chasing a little one around and being pregnant at the same time (and I'm sure it's trickier 35+ weeks along when you feel like a whale) but it's not that bad.  It keeps me in better shape and I'm more focused on keeping Ev entertained, making the time fly by soooooo much faster.   Still can't believe we are almost at the halfway point.  Two short weeks and we find out for sure what we are having.  Charlie already insists it's a boy, I think it's a boy and so does my sister Jenny, who is never wrong!!!  Jenny always tells all the moms she knows what they're having and she's always right.  It's kind of scary!

Second time round is also way easier because I don't have to attend baby showers or buy rocking chairs and cribs or assemble a nursery!  Everything is already ready and waiting from day one.  We have a few gender neutral clothes and some boy outfits and blankets that were once my 19 year old brothers (thank you classic Baby Gap!!!) so we are all set to go!
Just praying that this time round the birth goes smooth and much faster.  
Knowing better the second time round, I'm taking things a bit more seriously and exercising 3X a week and THIS has made a HUGE difference so far.  
Having only gained a few pounds in four and a half months of this pregnancy was probably what I did in the first month of pregnancy with little Ev.  Live and learn. 
When I was pregnant with her,  I had bad acid reflux almost from the start and I mistook it as signs of hunger pains.  I ate all the time trying to get rid of the awful feeling.  Fingers crossed, I haven't had any acid reflux issues with this little one, thank goodness!!! 
 I'd rather have bald babies than acid reflux!!! =)

And with baby number two comes more lifestyle changes, ones that I'm extremely excited and nervous about all at the same time!!!  I'm hoping that these baby steps in a new direction help benefit my little family in many ways.  Exciting new adventures ahead!!!  I'll post more about this later, once everything comes together.

I'm grateful to be back, even if for just a short little post.  It's been too long.  But it's left me free to enjoy my sweet little babe and all the new things she does every day!  We've had a very happy and Fall-filled October and we hope you did too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some comment love below!