Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

7 Quick Takes

 It's finally the weekend around the Morrison household!
Today is my day off and my hubby doesn't go to work until 2PM on Fridays....so we kinda love our Fridays together!!!  Our Friday mornings are relaxing and productive getting chores done around the house.  Later today I'll pull myself together, put on a little makeup and make a trip to the grocery store.  I may make it a quick trip so I can go looking for some maternity pants!

In the meantime, I'm linking up with Jenn for her 7 quick takes!  Britt inspired me to post this with her awesome quick takes over at The Fisk Files.

{1}
If you don't already know this about me, I LOVE to organize!  Baskets or special crates like these help me stay organized.  I recently discovered these amazing little crates at Target and can't wait to use some chalk to label each of them.  Labeling is sooo helpful in your search to find something you need or when you're quickly organizing and need to put things in their correct home.   It saves time from having to re-organize later.  I'm also loving our wonderful new dryer!!  Can't wait for the washer to break so we can have a matching washer did I just say that?!?!  Just kidding honey, really I am =)
 {2}
Our Wedding flash drive came in the mail this week and I'm thoroughly enjoying sifting and re-sifting through all the photos.  Can't wait to print up a bunch of pictures so that I can share them with so many people that have been asking to see them!
 Seriously though, how cute is the packaging?!?!  The photographer's husband handmade the box.
And this is the flash drive ~ sooo creative!

 {3}  
This past weekend I took my older sister Jenny to her special Gala dinner!!!  
Here she is standing in front of her artwork that was being auctioned off at $250, way to go Jenny!
We were accompanied by our younger sister who was so patient and well behaved the whole evening, for the most part that is :)
Jenny with some of her friends from Gigi University.  We all sat together at the same table....they are sooo adorable together! 
 If anyone knows how to boogie, it's people with Down Syndrome.  They know how to rock the house and break a sweat!  It was such an honor to be able to take my sister to this important event.  Amazing to see the support and awareness grow in the community. 
 {4}
Baking the worlds best chocolate chip cookies, thanks to a special friend for the secret recipe!!!! =) 
My husband couldn't eat enough of them.....I made him share a few. 
 {5}
Finally getting around to leisurely writing letters to dear friends.  I haven't really done this since months before my wedding.  It felt soooo therapeutic and much needed.
 {6}
The baby is going to be all set when he/she comes!  A dear friend dropped all of this off this week.   We may need to take a few of these things over to grandma and grandpas because I don't want our place to get too squished with things.  When it comes to our baby, I want our house paired down and extremely simple.  Less is more!!!  
{7}
This past week when I was in the grocery store, I jumped for joy when I saw freesias!  They were in my wedding bouquet and it was amazing how the smell of them instantly brought back the wonderful memories of October 5th.  There is something magical about smells and how you attach them to certain events and times in your life.   I remember on our wedding day smelling my bouquet throughout the entire day as I soaked up each moment and took time to breath and relax.  I always tell friends, if you're going on an important trip to a new place, take a new perfume or lotion with you because it will always remind you of those times.  It's true!  I still, to this day, have scents that remind me of specific moments in my life:  
I have a perfume that reminds me of all my college days and walking to class.
I have a deodorant that reminds me of my first days in London. Funny I know!
I have a lotion that reminds me of my three month stay in Germany.
I have a lotion that reminds me of my time in Rome with friends.
I have a perfume that reminds me of my honeymoon.
And now I have a special flower that reminds me of my wedding day!!!
So much happens in a week that I'm grateful for the weekend! 
Hope you have some fun plans and can relax a little.  I plan on doing both =)
Have an amazing Friday!!!

xoxoxo,
Maggie 

2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet - thanks for the shout out!! What an honor for you to be able to take your sister to the Gala - you are amazing! And I agree with the letter writing - I need to make more time for it! Have a wonderful weekend, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baskets with the chalk look so nice! I need some! I love that box your pictures came in! SO so creative! The gala looks like it was a lot of fun! Seriously Bell sat still? Wow you have already gotten so many baby things! Whoa! I'm with you keep it simple and un-cluttered! I love the scent thing! It's so true! Have a wonderful weekend chica!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love below!