Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Counting Down the Days!

I married a romantic!
Walking around Irish Fest is a great workout!


We are counting down the days, literally days, no longer months!  Hallelujah. 26 days give or take.

Boy (I mean Girl), looking back, these 8 months have felt like a really long time.  I feel like I've been pregnant forever and ever.  Good thing I love being pregnant!!!  Still, seeing the light at the end of the tunnel feels a-m-a-z-i-n-g. 

Little baby girl's great grandmother came over yesterday afternoon to take a peek at her nursery.  I love sharing all of this baby joy with my grandmother.  It's sooooo much fun!!!  We both love getting all giddy and excited about things like this.  She still talks about the day I was born and how she took my sister to the park and when they came back home I was already born!

Two nights ago Charles offered to pick up all the remaining items we needed for our little girl's birth.  What a sweetheart he is!  Fully confident he would find all the items I placed in my text request, I still decided to "pop-in" and see how his shopping was going!  I found him in the movie aisle, with two different mattress pads in hand.  Gotta balance that purchase out you know =)  We finished the shopping together as I waddled through the store very slowly.  Never know when it will be my last time in the store.

At this point, I probably only have two or three shirts that technically "fit" and the rest, well the rest just get stretched over this big huge belly taking full advantage of meaning"stretch" material!!

My grandma keeps saying it makes her nervous that I'm out and about shopping and driving and that she feels the need to carry a basket around, just in case!  She cracks me up.  I think she forgets how Irish I am and that it takes a lot to stop me.   Speaking of stopping me, there I was yesterday evening, attempting a last minute grocery run so that I could make my hubby something good to eat.  He is the sweetest, kindest, most easy going guy in the world.   He could care less if I fed him cereal for dinner, but feeding him cereal has never made me feel like a good wife.  So, what does determination and motivation do to a pregnant lady???  It drives me to attempt not one, but two home cooked meals AND baking home made cookies all in the same evening!  Aside from the shattered jar from one end of the house to the other, everything worked out in the end and Charlie was an extra happy camper when he got home! A fancy taco feast for dinner last night and yummy Fall stew for lunch today.

Speaking of Fall, I cannot wait for Pumpkin spiced lattes.  Supposedly they come out September 2nd, not that I asked or anything :)  And not wanting to do anything besides hold and stare at a baby all day come mid September, I decided to put our Fall pillows and candles out last week.  Maybe a little premature, but at least it's done and I don't have to think about it.   

The nesting continues on, some days stronger than others.  Just this past Tuesday, there I was on my hands and knees scrubbing bathroom floors.  Boy did it feel good, at the time anyways.  The next day, my lower back did NOT thank me!  On Thursday the chiropractor said it perfectly, "well, you're well adjusted up-top which means emotionally, you got a lot of satisfaction out of scrubbing the floors, but your lower back, your lower back is all out of whack and does not thank you for pushing it past it's limit!"  Ha, ha, ha oh well, we've been adjusted and are back to normal now!

Little girl has been moving around quite a bit these days.  Several times a day I will see and feel her little leg poking out from the side of my tummy!!!  It's the cutest thing EVER!!!  

Get here already little girl!!!!  We are ready for you :)




2 comments:

  1. I love all of the soft sweet colors! I cannot wait to see you and that sweet baby!!!!! I seriously love your Grandma and how excitable and loving she is! The best! Enjoy your time with her!!!:) Fall stew already girl! Ok that's too much for me. I'm stopping at that! ha ha I'm enjoying this heat for now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the baby girl clothes. Your daughter is going to be the best dressed girl in the whole world! I haven't cooked much as a preggers either. No interest. ;) But goodness am I ready for fall! Not just for these babies, but for everything that happens in the fall. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love below!