Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Oh christmas tree!

This year was different from all the rest.
It was the first year that I cut down a christmas tree this early in the season 
and I have to admit,
I kinda liked it!!!

There was an energy in the air.
The christmas tree farm was hustling & bustling and people were bundled with hot chocolate in hand for the hayride out to fields.
This year was also different because this time I went with Charles to cut down a special tree for his place!!

Yay baby we found one =)





It was fun hunting for the perfect tree.
And of course we didn't leave the tree farm until we had a pound and a half of homemade fudge in hand for our enjoyment during the drive home while we decorated the tree. =)
The rest of the evening was spent shopping for lights, a tree stand, a fuzzy christmas blanket, christmas tunes and a classic christmas movie.
Did you know that Lady Antebellum has a christmas cd out?!?! Oh my gosh I'm loving it.

What are your favorite christmas cds?  Do you know of any new ones out there that you would recommend? Please share some ideas!!!

Happy first week of Advent!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day! The Christmas tree is indeed perfect! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yay! Happy first week of Advent to you too :)

    Your weekend looks a lot like ours. Except I picked up the tree already cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog is so cute! getting a Christmas tree is so exciting :) we're probably getting a fake one this year but i'll really miss the smell of all that great pine! :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you guys cut down your own tree?!!! I've never done that before!! So glad you got to order a couple of the Bird Ave prints. I hope you guys love them as much as I do.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love below!