Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Cabin Sort of Weekend

Boy am I happy camper to be blogging again!  I had to create more space for photos, surprise surprise, right?!?

Even though it's a little later than planned, I wanted to share some fun pictures from this past Thanksgiving weekend.

My boyfriend and I took two of my siblings up to his family's cabin in Galena.  We decided to go for a long weekend where we could all have fun, relax and enjoy good food and company. =)
Okay so I have to brag, Charles is the sweetest, ever.  He was and is the biggest help, volunteering (and as he tells me, enjoying) doing ALL the dishes and ALL the laundry the entire weekend!!!!  

He spoils me and makes life easy.  
We even had a blast cooking in the kitchen together, yay baby!!!
Here are a few snippets capturing the weekend.

 Over the weekend we enjoyed some amazing little raspberry cheesecakes!  They are soooo easy to make it's ridiculous, seriously ridiculous =)
Of course we also had salads every day to make sure we were well balanced.
Saturday night I tried a new recipe, maple-dijon mustard chicken with bacon couscous!!!  We all ended up loving this one.
It was one of the most relaxing weekends I can remember.  I just wished it had lasted a little bit longer.
Do you ever take weekend trips to a cabin or some place away from home?

Have a happy day!

3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! You lucky girl and what a guy:) That chicken looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great weekend! You man IS very sweet to offer the cabin and do all the dishes and laundry awww :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you all had a great time. I NEED to take more weekend trips :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some comment love below!